Technology for the world of work continues to evolve with the aim of making people's lives easier. Daily routines, with excess work processes, seem like a thing of the past.

The technological giants compete with their bets on Artificial Intelligence, a tool that facilitates tasks that, until now, were exclusively human, such as writing, creating or designing.  

With this approach, Microsoft revealed its commitment to a future in which AI is a complement to people's daily tasks in applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, among others.

"We're going from autopilot to copilot", said Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, during the official presentation of Microsoft 365 Copilot, a tool that is still in the testing phase and implemented only for selected enterprise customers. 

Copilot combines the power of large language models (Large Language Models-LLM) with business data and Microsoft 365 apps. 

«Copilot combines the power of large language models with user data and applications to turn your words into the most powerful productivity tool on the planet."Said Jared Spataro, corporate vice president of Modern Work and Business Applications at Microsoft.

Image of Microsoft AI Copilot
Image of Microsoft 365 Copilot

Microsoft 365 Copilot integrates with the main functions of these tools, as was shown Sumit Chauhan, corporate vice president of Microsoft's office group, creating a presentation from scratch with just a few words.

The result was a presentation with images and data made in a few seconds, just by specifying the topic and writing to the Artificial Intelligence what you need.

«The Copilot is coming to life in the products that millions of people, Copilot learns from these applications and their natural language»

Sumit Chauhan

Microsoft 365 Copilot and its contribution to working life

According to Sumit Chauhan, 10% of people use the PowerPoint tool and the other 90% will use Copilot.

The idea is that, from now on, making a Word document, an Excel report or a Power Point presentation will be easier. Here are some of the tools that will be available:

· Copilot in Word: Write, edit, summarize and create while people work.

Copilot in PowerPoint: Facilitates the creation process by turning ideas into a designed presentation through natural language commands.

· Copilot in Excel: Helps you unlock information, identify trends, or create professional-looking data visualizations in a fraction of the time.

· Copilot in Outlook: Help synthesize and manage the mail inbox to allow more time to be spent on real communication.

· Copilot in Teams: Makes meetings more productive, with real-time summaries and action points right in the context of the conversation.

Copilot on Power Platform: It will help developers of all skill levels accelerate development with tools lowcode, with the introduction of two new capabilities within Power Apps and Power Virtual Agents.

Business Chat: Gather data from documents, presentations, email, calendar, notes, and contacts to help summarize chats, write emails, find key dates, or even write a plan based on other project files.

This announcement builds on an announcement made by Microsoft earlier this month with Dynamics 365 Copilot, the world's first AI co-pilot, in both CRM and ERP, to bring next-generation AI to all lines of business.